Apparently upgrading my website to use SSL at the strongest available levels (cutting out SSLv3 and before) broke Overcast's ability to pull podcast episodes from my website. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time the podcast is published.
- Overcas Podcast Player app for iPhone
- Don't Pet This POODLE: New SSL 3.0 Bug - Check Point Software Technologies
- PhoneBoy on Twitter: "The @OvercastFM server is not pulling latest episodes of @phoneboyspeaks. Any other podcacther having issues?"
Two years ago, I started a podcast called PhoneBoy Speaks on a lark. I'm still doing it in much the same way as I started. I'm even still doing it for the many of the reasons I initially states in Episode 3. Onward!
- PhoneBoy Speaks Ep 1: Personal Productivity and Trusted Systems
- PhoneBoy Speaks Ep 3: Why I am Doing This?
In the near future, you can get a big Vitamin D boost just by walking into a booth. This is thanks to a Seattle area startup called beneSol that just got some funding to fonish the clinical trials on their revolutionary product.
- This startup helps Vitamin D-deficient people with a sun ray machine that doesn't cause skin cancer - GeekWire
- beneSol Wellness
Much like I've automated the workflow for creating podcast episode pages for phoneboy.com using Editorial on iOS, I've also automated the creation of blog post pages on phoneboy.com as well. Not that I write many blog posts here, but now I have a way to craft markdown files in the correct format for Jekyll and get them onto my server where they are turned into HTML files uploaded to the server.
And of course absolutely none of this matters to anyone but me. Still, nice to know I can string the tools together to do what I'd like.
It's been a while since I've seen Jeff Pulver write anything Telecom related, but it was great to see him weigh in on Title II in the Net Neutrality debate with a bit of perspective. Further solidifies my belief competition would solve net neutrality better than Title II.
- Title II And Utility-Style Regulation Is Not How We Should Protect Open Internet - Forbes
- ISPs Now Have to Offer At Least 10 Mbps If They Want Subsidies -
You may have noticed that phoneboy.com has a little padlock in the URL bar of your favorite browser now. That's because I've enabled SSL (ok, really it's TLS). And yes, it's a good thing even though you send no data to me.
- Configuring HTTPS servers on NGINX
- Let's Encrypt
- CloudFlare | The web performance & security company
- StartSSL™ Certificates & Public Key Infrastructure -
- PhoneBoy Speaks Ep 704: Let's Encrypt
Workflow is the new hot app if you're into automating actions on your iPhone and iPad. It is not a replacement for Launch Center Pro or Drafts, but it provides new capabilities in a very visual, accessible way.
- 8 Reasons to Love the New Workflow App for iOS - Productivity and Workflows - Geeks With Juniors
- Workflow Review: Integrated Automation for iOS 8
- Workflow: Powerful Automation Made Simple by DeskConnect (App Store link)
California has been under drought conditions for a while now. NOAA analyzed the available data and concluded the drought was the result of naturally occurring conditions not caused by human activity. Of course those "all-in" on climate change disagreed.
Personally, I think we don't know enough about how the climate works to know for sure one way or the other. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to lower our environmental footprint.
The MPAA movie rating system, despite its prevalence, is entirely voluntary. One theater in particular ignored the "R" rating the Edward Snowden documentary received and declared it "essential viewing" letting anyone in (assuming they had a ticket of course).